Communication Tips for Zoom TAPRoots Meetings:
PWA = Person (or people) With Aphasia
Engage all of the PWA
Focus your comments and responses to the PWA
Silence is good
Slow pace is good
One question at a time
No steadfast agenda, go where the conversation takes us
Share your communication goal
Share what supports help you
Know your fellow group member’s goals
Hold each other accountable (thumbs-up 👍 or thumbs-down 👎 )
Don’t let somebody misunderstand you
Celebrate all successful communication
What to have at the start of each group:
* paper * black marker * personal communication aids * anything you want to share with the group
What's Happening: 7/29/20
* TAPRoots Group Members Updates
** include what your communication goal is for today **
* TAP Weekly Newsletter
2) HOW DOES YOUR GARDEN GROW:
see Instagram photos (on our home page)!!! Father-in-laws tomatoes and her at home project for group!!
see Instagram photo (on our home page) of seedlings emerging!
3) SHARING WHAT WE DO:
* Picture from Healing Transitions
see Instagram photos (on our Home page); we grew the pink flowers, Globe Amaranth, from seed and sold them to them at the Plant Sale!
* From Holly Springs Food Cupboard Newsletter
4) "GROWING" FORWARD:
* Discussion Activity: check these out before the group if you can
Cool Vs. Warm Vegetables
* Independent Home Activities: Activities that are introduced during group that you can do at home
Starting seeds for HSFC Fall Garden...
Update from Michelle and Rachel!
5) VIDEO VIEWING:
In North Carolina, agriculture is a $92.7 billion industry that employees 17% of the state's workforce. The farmers who make it possible each face common obstacles to feeding our families (and theirs) while staying afloat, from Mother Nature and crop pests to market prices and mental health. Discover more about North Carolina agriculture and the vital role of farming at https://homegrown.extension.ncsu.edu.
6) LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT WEEK:
1) Planting Our Intentions for Wellness -ROOTS
7) SCATTERGORIES: with 2 categories (best played with 4+ TAP clients)
category ideas: Flower, Vegetable, Color in Garden, Garden Tool